Prototype Escape Games was founded by Joseph W. Brazfield in 2019 and opened its doors to the public in February 2021. Prototype derives its name from a book entitled “E-Myth.” In the book, author Michael Gerber explains the importance of creating a “franchise Prototype” – in other words, creating a business that other businesses will be built upon. That is precisely what we set out to do.
Everything at Prototype Escape Games is created in-house by the owner and founder, Joseph W. Brazfield. Joseph is a player and an entrepreneur, so he designs and builds games that he would want to play. This means avoiding players’ common complaints with escape rooms and amplifying the features that players love.
What we have:
- Technology and automatic locks
- Emphasis on lighting (No fluorescent lightbulbs in your game)
- Puzzles that actually make sense
- Multiple rooms in each game
- Non-Linear gameplay so that everyone is involved in the experience
- One game master per room so that you get the attention you paid for
What we don’t have:
- An iPad for you to carry around while you play
- Broken puzzles
- Small, cramped rooms
- Padlocks galore
- Single room games
- One game master doing multiple rooms at the same time
Have you ever played a room that was hard because nothing made sense?
Have you ever asked for a clue only to be ignored by your game master? Or worse, had your game master respond to the wrong room?
Have you ever been trying to set that magnet sensor juuuuust right so that it will work the way it was intended?
Have you ever been told, “Oh, that’s broken right now. Just skip it, and I’ll give you the answer.”?
Have you ever been standing around waiting on the rest of your team to solve the puzzle so you guys can move on?
Prototype is here to change that. Whether this is your 100th escape room or your first, Prototype Escape Games in Jacksonville, Florida, will show you what an escape room should feel like.
Don’t break out of a room, Break into one.